Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg, Germany, and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks. 1,600 employees carry the Bank’s long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Banking and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.
Consultant – Investment & Risk Management Solutions, Asset Management, Hamburg or Frankfurt
- Acting as an integral support to the Head of Consultants & Product Specialists in establishing and developing the newly created Consultants team across Europe;
- Providing comprehensive, holistic and long-term advice to major institutional investors;
- Strengthening existing business relationships, whilst also building new connections and expanding your network;
- Executing complex requests, and creating individual, tailored investment solutions;
- Continue development of quantitative portfolio and risk and optimization of strategic asset allocation;
- Extensive travel throughout Europe where necessary;
- Close collaboration with the Portfolio Management, Product Specialists and Innovation & Data teams;
- Sustainable and carefully-managed expansion of Berenberg Consulting Services.
- Several years of industry experience at a highly-regarded institution, in the field of Consulting within Asset Management and extensive market knowledge base;
- Excellent academic background, educated to degree level from a prestigious university, preferably within a Finance related subject;
- Professional qualifications such as CFA or FRM are highly desirable;
- Confident and capable in client-facing situations;
- Highly technical skill set in PowerPoint, Excel (VBA), Python and/or Matlab;
- Fast learner with good organisational and analytical skills;
- Driven, with a hands-on attitude and flexible but strategic approach;
- Team player (listening and consulting with others as well as communicating proactively).
Founded in 1590, Berenberg is one of Europe’s leading privately owned banks today with its Wealth and Asset Management, Investment Bank and Corporate Banking divisions. Headquartered in Hamburg and led by managing partners, Berenberg maintains a strong presence in the financial centres of Frankfurt, London and New York.
Berenberg wurde 1590 gegründet und gehört heute mit den Geschäftsbereichen Wealth and Asset Management, Investmentbank und Corporate Banking zu den führenden europäischen Privatbanken. Das Bankhaus mit Sitz in Hamburg wird von persönlich haftenden Gesellschaftern geführt und hat eine starke Präsenz in den Finanzzentren Frankfurt, London und New York.