Head of Business Strategy in Investment Development (m/f/d)*
for the Central Division Group Investment Management
The new Group Investment Management (GIM) division is responsible for managing the proprietary Munich Re and ERGO investment portfolio of around €250 billion. Within GIM, overarching investment-related tasks are consolidated in the Investment Development department. Prime focus of the department is managing internal and external asset managers, driving project-/change-related activities, and ensuring effective investment monitoring.
For the Business Strategy team, we are looking for a motivated team head who will steer strategic and operative projects in GIM as well as along the entire investment value chain of Munich Re Group. The head of business strategy will drive the professional development of the entire investment function and thus help strengthen Munich Re’s investment result.
- Leading approx. 5 employees, ensuring ideal working culture, and driving talent management
- Further developing the new business strategy team
- Proactively enhancing the strategic agenda for Munich Re’s investment and asset management business
- Overseeing strategic/organizational/processual change projects across entire investment value chain
- Ensuring effective project management (e.g. coordinating stakeholders, moderating workshops, preparing presentations/decision proposals for senior mgmt.)
- Driving further development of the system and data architecture of Munich Re’s investment function
- Acting as a sparring partner to the CIO function’s leadership team
- Above-average completed academic education
- 10+ years of experience in strategy consulting with proven track record of managing large change programs
- Well-established network in the investment and asset management industry
- Experience leading teams
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Advanced moderation and presentation skills
- High self-motivation, pragmatism, and can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with senior management
- Very good command of English
- Confident use of Microsoft Office applications
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.Make it happen.